Requirements for Program Admission
Applicants seeking admission must:
- Submit an electronic application for admission
- Professional nurses who have a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited program in the United States are eligible to apply for admission.
- Provide transcripts of all academic work including an official transcript from each institution attended (even if you did not graduate). Academic transcripts must support the following statements:
- Completed an introductory statistics course and an undergraduate nursing research course with a grade of at least a B in both courses.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate math and science courses.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate nursing studies.
- Provide evidence of the fulfillment of legal requirements for the practice of nursing in the United States including one copy of each of the following items:
- Nursing license
- PALS certification
- ACLS certification
- BCLS certification
- Applications submitted must have two years recent full-time critical care experience.
- Submit competitive scores from the Graduate Record Examination. Official scores of your GRE's will be automatically directed to Gannon University by using official GRE report code 2270. A copy of these scores must also be forwarded to:
UPMC Hamot School of Anesthesia
201 State St.
Erie, PA 16550
- Provide four letters of recommendations from your current nursing supervisor and three other references. These three can be provided by any persons with whom you have had significant professional experience and who are in a position to comment on the applicant's ability to successfully pursue graduate study in the nurse anesthesia option.
- Be interviewed and selected for admission by the UPMC Hamot School of Anesthesia Admissions Committee and Gannon University Villa Maria School of Nursing.
Forms to Download