We are glad you are considering the UPMC Hamot School of Anesthesia/Gannon University MSN program. Professional nurses who have a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing from an accredited program are encouraged to apply for admission.
The Nurse Anesthesia option is designed to provide the professional nurse with an in-depth concentration in clinical anesthesia and prepare graduates of the program to assume the specialized role of nurse anesthetist. Students have the opportunity to use research, collaborate, and contribute effectively to the health care team's efforts to provide optimal care. Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to take the examination of the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists. This option is a cooperative one between Gannon University and UPMC Hamot. Students must attend full-time in this option.
NOTE: The Nurse Anesthesia program of study begins only in January. The application deadline is June 15th of each calendar year. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applicants seeking admission in the Nurse Anesthesia option must:
- Submit an electronic application for admission. The application is available on this site at:
- Provide transcripts of all academic work including an official transcript from each institution attended (even if you did not graduate). Academic transcripts must support the following statements...
- Completed an introductory statistics course and an undergraduate nursing research course with a grade of at least a B in both courses.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate math and science courses.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate nursing studies.
- Provide evidence of the fulfillment of legal requirements for the practice of nursing in the United States. Including one copy of each of the following items:
- Nursing license
- PALS certification
- ACLS certification
- BCLS certification
- Applications submitted for 2017 must have two years required full-time critical care experience. Submit competitive scores from the Graduate Record Examination. Official scores of your GRE's will be automatically directed to Gannon University by using official GRE report code 2270. A copy of these scores must also be forwarded to...
- SCHOOL OF ANESTHESIA
201 STATE STREET
ERIE, PA 16550
- Provide four letters of recommendation from former professors and employers who are in a position to comment on the applicant's ability to successfully pursue graduate study in the nurse anesthesia option.
- Be interviewed and selected for admission by the UPMC Hamot School of Anesthesia Admissions Committee and Gannon University Villa Maria School of Nursing.
Forms to Download